Donate to Camp Lakeside
Camp is sacred space. In a world filled with the virtual, camp provides a haven of real context, experience and relationship.
- 75% of United Methodist Clergy in the Kansas West Conference made their initial commitment to enter ministry at a Camp or as a direct result of a camping experience.
- Over the past 3 decades the amount of natural space we explore, and the amount of time we spend in that natural space have significantly decreased.
- In those same decades, childhood obesity, depression, attention deficit disorders and anxiety have significantly increased
- Studies have shown as little as 20 minutes in nature can have the same effect as a daily dose of anti-anxiety/depression medication.
- Camping youth represent the highest percent of youth committed to Church and Community evolvement.
- Camping youth often describe their camp experience as the “mountain top” moment in their young lives, and site their time at Camp as vital to their spiritual and emotional development.
Camp is more than fun and marshmallows. It is of vital importance. Camp Lakeside has remained a healthy, fiscally sound organization for over 60, due in no small part to your support. Thank you for investing your time, resources and prayers in our sacred space.
If you would like more information about estate planning involving Camp Lakeside please contact Executive Director, Andie T. Strong, at 620.872.2021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Wish List
Each year we put out a wish list of tools, supplies, and equipment that would be beneficial to better conduct on-site operations
- Zero-turn Riding Lawn Mower with 55-60 inch deck (newer model-and/or lower hours)
- 60-125 HP Tractor with bucket-no cab (newer model-and/or low hours)
- New Mattresses (please call for details)
Maintenance and Grounds
- Small Pickup- gas (no diesel) – no extended cab
- Metal cutting chop saw
- Shop Bench Grinder
Program Wish List
- Skilled Volunteers (Rappelling instructors, Art Instructors, Wildlife Instructors)
- Archery Equipment (targets, arrows, ground quivers, ect.)
- Rappelling Gear (ropes, harnesses, carabineers)
- Sports Equipment (volley ball net, volleyballs, basketballs, soccer balls, ect.)
- Arts and Craft Supplies (paint brushes, Tempera paint, small personal canvases, ect.)
- 8-10 man tents
- Large group, lightweight campfire cooking gear
- Gardening Supplies (gloves, hand tools, bug repellant, etc.)
- Pool toys (no inflatable rafts, or rings- they can be dangerous)
- 12 quart stainless steel mixing bowl for a Hobart industrial mixer with Bowl Flat beater, Whip and Dough Hook to size.
- ELECTROLUX ULTRA ACTIVE BAGLESS CANISTER VACUUM
- BLUE 3’ X 10’ TILE TOP ANTI-MICROBIAL MAT
- BLUE 3’ X 8’ TILE TOP ANTI-MICROBIAL MAT
- Coolers & Water Gotts
- Large upright storage locker (with lock or lockable)
- Equipment, Installation or donations toward expanding Wi-Fi access on site
- New laptop
- New laptop projector
- Portable Projection Screens
We appreciate your prayerful consideration in these matters.