Camp Lakeside Wedding Policies
Camp Lakeside is a Camp. Our buildings and grounds are designed to provide access to the beauty of nature. We are touched that Camp Lakeside holds a special place in the hearts of many making it a consideration as a local for a special day. However, Lakeside was not designed, nor do we strive, to be a wedding venue.
Lakeside is not available for Weddings May 16- Aug 14. All dates are subject to availability.
Chapel or Outdoor Ceremony Space Rental is $250
A Cleaning Deposit of $500 is required in addition to rental fees for both indoor and outdoor weddings and will be refunded accordingly. Should inclement weather hamper your outdoor plans the Chapel would be available as a backup location.
Capacities and Restrictions
- Lakeside cannot accommodate weddings over 120 people.
- The Chapel seats 100 comfortably, 120 is maximum capacity.
- The Chapel has seating for 100 (renters are responsible for providing additional seating)
- The Chapel is a multi-purpose building and is rented “as is.”
- The Chapel Parking lot and east access road can accommodate a maximum of 50 vehicles. Absolutely NO PARKING on grassy areas. Camp access roads must remain clear for traffic.
- Due to limited parking outdoor weddings are limited to 120.
- Decorations for outdoor weddings should be limited and in no way impact the natural site. The Lakeside Staff will have final say over what is acceptable and not acceptable.
- Chapel decorations must be free standing and leave no permanent mark. Any damage will be documented and result in the forfeit of the cleaning deposit. Damage which exceeds the $500 cleaning deposit will be charged to the responsible party listed on the reservation form.
- Please plan to set up no earlier than the night before your wedding, and clean up the night of the wedding.
- Chapel or Outdoor Space rental is 24 hours.
- The Chapel is the only building available for Wedding activities.
- The Chapel has a small sound system with microphone, large projection screen, and piano. A small Bluetooth speaker is also available.
- The Chapel has AC/heating.
- A handicapped accessible restroom is located in the Chapel and is large enough for 1-2 people to dress.
Camp Lakeside is first and foremost a camp! Our staff is here to assist you with the basics, like locating plug-ins, chairs and tables. However, we are camp folk not wedding planners! Please plan to set up your own seating, decorations, music and other special touches.
As our chapel serves as both worship and activity area for our campers, it can be a very busy place. Please plan to set up no earlier than the night before your wedding, and clean up the night of the wedding. (Rental is 24 hours.)
Absolutely no alcohol is permitted on site. Should our staff observe any alcohol or alcohol containers (open, closed or empty) or individuals under the influence of alcohol, Lakeside may remove any or ALL of the wedding party from the site immediately.
Please be respectful of the entire site. We have many other buildings on site which will be in various states of preparedness for other groups. Therefore, we ask your wedding party to remain in and close to the Chapel so that we can prepare the rest of the site for others.